Richinflavour's Cotswold Local Producer for March 2014We spoke to Ross Whitman, who heads up Ross and Ross Foods along with business partner Ross Bearman to find out more about their business of homemade pates, terrines and street food.
1. In three words describe Ross and Ross
British, artisan and bloody good.
2. What do you love most about the Cotswolds?
The great produce and producers on our door step, and the pubs are good.
3. What/who inspired you to start up Ross and Ross?
Being your own boss and you can’t get sacked.
4. What's your favourite product within your range?
Ham Hock with our proper piccalilli.
5. How do you go about sourcing your ingredients?
For our meat we went around all the farms our butcher (Trev Beadle) sources his meat from and we did the same for the vegetables we use which come from Drinkwaters.
6. What's your top kitchen tip?
Clean as you go.
7. When you're not creating tasty pates and terrines what do you like to get up to?
Hanging out with my kids and wife?
8. What's been your favourite food/drink experience in the Cotswolds?
The Chequers in Churchill - the best pub.
9. Who would be your ideal four dinner guests?
Jim Morrison, Marco Pierre White, Keith Richards and Keith Floyd.
10. What exciting things do you have planned for Ross and Ross over the year?
The website will be big this year with loads of foodie gifts and a good selection for a shopping basket. We will be doing seasonal terrines for our range with a different Terrine every two months. We are also launching the pate and cheese club which consists of our award winning pate, some great cheeses, chutney and crackers.