Gibson's Organic LiqueursWe speak to Miles Gibson the man behind Gibson's Organic Liqueurs. We've tried both their raspberry and blackcurrant liqueurs, they're some of the most flavour packed liqueurs we've ever tasted. But you don't have to take our word for it, their blackcurrant organic liqueur won a Great Taste Test Gold in 2012.
As well as being a flavour packing drink, Gibson's also work their wonders in the kitchen. We recently posted a venison and cassis casserole recipe that works really well with their blackcurrant offering.
1. In three words describe your business
Organic. Artisan. Delicious.
2. What do you love most about the Cotswolds?
being amongst the fruit bushes in the field at dusk when it is very still and the birds are singing.
3. What/who inspired you to start up your business?
A sweet tooth and a placement at Avalon Vineyard nr Glastonbury.
4. What's your favourite product within your range?
I keep reaching for the Sloe Whisky.
5. How do you go about sourcing your ingredients?
It’s all home grown.
6. What's your top kitchen tip?
Slosh some blackcurrant liqueur into a casserole or gravy
7. When you're not creating delicious liqueurs what do you like to get up to?
Playing tennis, riding tractors and being bossed around by my daughter.
8. What's been your favourite food/drink experience in the Cotswolds?
A bacon sandwich on an early market morning.
9. Who would be your ideal four dinner guests
Billy Bragg, Carl Jung, Kenny Dalglish and Hedy Lamarr
10. What exciting things do you have planned for this year for your business?
Coming up we’ve got organic elderflower liqueur, also some organic redcurrant liqueur and of course more of our organic sloe whisky.